Centreofexcellence – Advanced Tarot Diploma Course
Expand your knowledge of tarot with the Advanced Tarot Diploma Course. You’ll learn the theories and iconology of tarot, how to design your own spreads and cards, other card decks used for divination and how you can adapt techniques from these to tarot, and how to set up and operate a business as a professional tarot reader.
In addition to containing practical information about conducting readings – including how to interpret reversed cards and approach card combinations – it discusses a wide range of theories that apply to tarot. In this vein, there is discussion about Hermeticism, the Kabbalah, astrology and Jungian theory in relation to tarot.
A look at the iconography of tarot and its evolution is included to aid your understanding of the images on the cards. Although most useful for those who use a Marseilles-based deck, Rider-Waite deck users will also find the course useful, as these images and their associations were used as a basis for the Rider-Waite. While many of the meanings would have been common knowledge in the past, and indeed when the Rider-Waite deck was designed, some are no longer as well-known and aren’t necessarily addressed in tarot books.
The Advanced Tarot Diploma Course also includes modules on designing your own spreads and tarot cards to enable you to further personalise your tarot readings to suit your personal approach.
A discussion on card decks within wider cartomancy, other than tarot, that are used for divination not only outlines the make-up of such decks but also considers techniques that you might find useful to adapt to tarot reading.
Finally, the Advanced Tarot Diploma Course contains a module that addresses going into business as a tarot reader for those who are considering taking it up professionally. It discusses a number of issues you need to be aware of and gives advice on how to set up and operate a business as a professional tarot reader.
The Advanced Tarot Diploma Course is designed for those who have already taken the beginners’ Tarot Diploma Course, have studied the basics of tarot elsewhere, or are self-taught and wish to expand their knowledge. It assumes that you already know how to use tarot cards to conduct a reading.
By studying this course, you can deepen your existing knowledge of tarot and discover approaches that you may otherwise have been unfamiliar with.
The course is equally suitable for those who use Marseilles or Rider-Waite style decks.
Module 1: Special Treatments – Significators and Reversed Cards
- Part 1: Significators
- Part 2: Reversed Cards
- Part 3: Keywords for Reversed Cards
- Module 1 Assessment
Module 2: Combining Cards
- Part 1: Combining Cards and Frequency of the Cards
- Part 2: Pairs and Groups of Cards
- Part 3: Themes and Telling a Story
- Module 2 Assessment
Module 3: Designing Spreads
- Part 1: Approaches to Designing a Spread and Issues to Consider
- Part 2: Elements of a Spread
- Part 3: Testing and Sharing Your Spread
- Module 3 Assessment
Module 4: Tarot Iconography
- Part 1: The Fool
- Part 2: I The Magician
- Part 3: II The Popess
- Part 4: III The Empress, IV The Emperor and and V The Pope
- Part 5: VI The Lovers, VII The Chariot and VIII Justice
- Part 6: IX The Hermit, X Wheel of Fortune and XI Strength
- Part 7: XII Hanged Man
- Part 8: XIII Death, XIV Temperance and XV The Devil
- Part 9: XVI The Tower and XVII The Star
- Part 10: XVIII The Moon and XIX Judgement
- Part 11: XX The Sun and XX The World
- Module 4 Assessment
Module 5: Designing and Making Tarot Cards
- Part 1: Design Your Tarot, Concept, Planning and Size
- Part 2: Design Methods
- Part 3: Which Typography to Choose, Card Backs and Printing
- Part 4: Publishing Your Cards
- Module 5 Assessment
Module 6: The Occult/Hermeticism and Tarot
- Part 1: Background to Hermetic Philosophy
- Part 2: Hermeticism
- Part 3: Kabbalah
- Part 4: Astrology
- Module 6 Assessment
Module 7: Jung and Tarot
- Part 1: Jungian Interpretation and Tarot I
- Part 2: Jungian Interpretation and Tarot II
- Part 3: Applying Jungian Ideas to Card Interpretation
- Part 4: Following the Fool’s Journey
- Module 7 Assessment
Module 8: Intuition
- Part 1: Using Your Intuition
- Part 2: Reading Intuitively
- Module 8 Assessment
Module 9: Alternatives to Tarot
- Part 1: Tarot Variations
- Part 2: Playing Cards
- Part 3: Fortune Telling Cards
- Part 4: Reading Methods
- Part 5: Oracle Cards
- Module 9 Assessment
Module 10: Working as a Professional Tarot Reader
- Part 1: Are You Ready to Read Professionally? Starting a Business
- Part 2: Finding Clients and Working Methods
- Part 3: Payment and Useful Tips
- Module 10 Assessment