Have you ever wondered why the program that helped your best friend put 30lbs on his squat didn’t do the same for you?
Have you ever tried to follow a workout from the pages of a magazine only to see yourself get weaker and smaller… or even worse, fatter?
Have you ever tried your hand at the most popular new training system only to find yourself hobbling around in pain over the next few days… or even worse, injured?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, then I’ve got some very good news for you.
My name is Eric Cressey, and I am the president of Cressey Sports Performance, a high performance training facility near Boston, MA. We started off small, but we’re now a 15,000-square-foot training facility.
You don’t work your way up to a facility of this size without providing great coaching to your clients. You know why? Because if you aren’t excellent at what you do – constantly updating your training philosophies to give clients the best possible experience and amazing results – you go out of business quickly. Furthermore, you need to be able to coach whoever walks through your doors. Here at CP, we see hundreds of different clients every week.
We’ve coached people from all walks of life, including:
- Former college athletes seeking a new competitive outlet
- Teenagers working hard to get into the major leagues
- Women trying to lose their pregnancy weight
- Lifelong “hardgainers” looking to pack on muscle mass
- Tennis players looking to bulletproof their shoulders
- Middle-aged desk jockeys who just want to be able to crush beer and wings during NFL games on Sunday afternoons guilt-free
- Powerlifters who want to move serious weight
- Post-surgery cases who just want to maintain training during their rehabilitation
We even have professional athletes who literally move their families across the country to train with us .
As you can imagine, I’ve seen it all, and after working with such a wide variety of people, I’ve come away with one big lesson:
No Two People Move the Same… Including You
When I decided to create a workout system, there was something that was more important to me than anything else: a strong emphasis on personalization.
The problem with other programs out there is they force people to fit into their system of training. Admittedly it’s better than having no direction, but for a lot of people it can make things worse off than they already were.
Let’s take a woman with loose joints (hypermobility) as an example. If she did a lot of aggressive stretching (you know, because the experts are always telling us to stretch), she could easily hurt herself! Conversely, the stiff-as-a-board guy at the cubicle next to her might do those exact same stretches and rid himself of his chronic back pain!
Now imagine this scenario and apply it to a workout where these same people are applying heavy loads to their body. It’s a recipe for disaster.
Which brings me to my point: why do people still buy cookie cutter programs?
I’ve thought about it long and hard, and it seems like there are two reasons:
- High quality customized programs are usually very expensive.
- There are only a handful of coaches out there who can deliver such high quality customized programs.
I hate to say it, but the industry is full of unqualified people who lack the educational background and the practical hands-on experience to know what works and what doesn’t.
After spending the past few years trying to figure out a solution to these issues, I’ve finally come up with a way to deliver high quality customization at an affordable price. It’s called The High Performance Handbook.
The High Performance Handbook Is Like Nothing You’ve Ever Seen Before…
First, unlike your typical cookie-cutter program, it doesn’t force you to do an exercise you can’t.
Second, it designs a program suitable to your needs – based on how you move, what your schedule allows, and what your goals are.
Third, it’s an entire system. Not just some manual that says “do this.” We give you an entire video database, how to modify exercises, and much more.
Most important, it does all of this at a very affordable price.
The High Performance Handbook Maximizes Your Training Results Without Wasting Your Time
I’ve trained thousands of different people over the past 10 years, from elderly grandmothers to professional baseball players in the major leagues. Regardless of who I’m coaching, I tell them to do at least one thing: keep track of the important stuff.
There’s a reason why I’m so adamant about this – it’s because I do the same. Since the first day I started training clients, I’ve kept detailed notes on what works and what doesn’t. I’ve got everything from what cues make an exercise easy and obvious to perform to what makes it harder. The High Performance Handbook is all those years of knowledge broken down into a step-by-step system for an easy-to-follow and effective training system:
- Self-Assess – Using easy-to-follow videos, we have you do a few self-assessments. These assessments will give you the information you need to pick a roadmap to start your journey with these programs (there’s more than one route).
- Set Goals – Fat loss? Strength gain? Muscle gain? Athletic performance? I tell you how to modify elements to match up with your goals.
- Schedule – We want to make sure the program you select works with your schedule, so you can choose from 2x/week, 3x/week, and 4x/week strength training options (and supplemental work, depending on your goal from #2).
- Review the Exercises – We don’t give you text descriptions or just a few pictures on each exercise. There’s an entire video database that shows you how to do every single exercise, all with full coaching instructions.
- Start – You’ll go in and have an awesome first training session. No need to worry about what exercises to do, how to do them, or if you even can do them – we’ve already solved that.
- Hit Your Goals – Follow the four month program and you’ll meet your goals. Repeat depending on the way your goals evolve as you get stronger and leaner.
The High Performance Handbook makes it easy for you to safely reach a high level of performance. It’s a workout tailored specifically for you. It’s a choose-your-own-adventure approach to better performance, better results, and a better you!