[Download Now] Section 504 in Illinois – John B. Comegno II
In this training, you will gain new insight into regulations, laws and issues that significantly affect your public and private school compliance. Join school law expert John B. Comegno II as he draws from his 15 years of experience representing public school districts, to provide the essential information and practical guidance and explain what it means to your school.
Questions that will be answered include:
- How have the ADA Amendments and new federal regulations changed the eligibility criteria under Section 504? What is the school district’s obligation to identify and evaluate students? Are you under or over identifying?
- Why can’t a health plan substitute for a 504 plan?
- What are the new rules regarding service animals?
- What are the “Child Find” obligations under Section 504? How do they compare with those under IDEA?
- How are discipline and behavioral issues handled with a student eligible under Section 504, as compared/contrasted with a student eligible under IDEA?
- Manifestation determinations under 504