Egg whites can be beaten to a foam to use as a leavener or lightener. Meringues are made by incorporating enough sugar to both stabilize and sweeten the foam. In this DVD, you will:
- Explore the techniques and preferred methods for creating common, Swiss-style, and Italian-style meringue.
- Learn both classic uses of meringue as well as innovative presentations.
- Gain helpful tips on producing, storing, and evaluating this fundamental component of the professional baker’s art.
The difference between a plain baked item and a fancy pastry often relies on the presence of an icing or filling, or a sauce or a glaze. In this section on Vanilla Sauce and Pastry Cream, you will:
- Explore the techniques and basic recipes for these staples of fine pastries.
- Learn the quality standards for evaluating vanilla sauce and pastry cream.