Join Thai Bodywork founder Chuck Duff as he takes you on a two and a half-hour journey through therapeutic Thai massage treatments. One of four titles in the Thai Bodywork Massage Series, this video program integrates aspects of Northern, Southern, Royal and Jap Sen (nerve touch) styles, with extensive anatomical and energetic background, and brings Chuck’s expert therapeutic insights to life.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Comprehensive 2.5 hour Thai massage program that integrates aspects of Northern, Southern, Royal and Jap Sen (nerve touch) styles, with extensive anatomical and energetic background.
- Each technique is explained carefully, and supported with close-ups and animations showing the energy lines and points used.
- Emphasis on body mechanics, using core energy and sensitivity to the body’s language, and places each technique in context as to its relationship to Sen lines, effects on specific muscles and pain conditions.
- Practical benefits of Chuck’s therapeutic focus, guiding you on how to work with specific issues of pain or dysfunction.
- Learn the fundamentals of Clinical Thai Bodywork (CTB), an outgrowth of Duff’s own very successful practice and research. CTB combines the techniques of Traditional Thai yoga with the insights of myofascial trigger point therapy, osteopathic principles and acupoints, and is a highly effective treatment for pain and dysfunction.
- Learn how to integrate Thai massage techniques into your practice to avoid the pitfalls Western style therapists often experience due to an over-reliance on strength. Thai massage can save your hands and give new life to your career, particularly as Chuck teaches it.
- View sequences that can be performed intact, or learn specific segments can be integrated into your existing practice. Chapters arranged for easy reference and review.