The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It’s a way to understand what’s hurting you, and to address your problems with clarity.
People who do The Work as an ongoing practice report life-changing results.
* Alleviation of depression: Find resolution, and even happiness, in situations that were once debilitating.
* Decreased stress: Learn how to live with less anxiety or fear.
* Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
* Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful, and become less reactive, less often, with less intensity.
* Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
* More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigor and well-being.
* More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is.” This CD features Byron Katie doing The Work, at Omega Institute in April 2009. As you listen, Byron Katie invites you to be still and to contemplate, to open to these simple yet powerful questions and turnarounds for yourself. It is our hope at Byron Katie International that you find peace through these dialogues and the answers that you yourself find.
Disc One: • “My husband had an affair and divided our family”
Disc Two: • “I am frigid” • “I am afraid of my vengeful thoughts”
Disc Three: • “My father didn’t give me the opportunity to be who I am”
Disc Four: • “My son needs to get up from the couch and be productive” • Cookies, Children and Change • “My daughter does not want to be with me” • The Work working within
Disc Five: • “I am angry” • “How do I do the Work on myself?” • “My relationship ended because of me” • Anger and resentment • and more